Friday, June 6, 2008

Finally- April 19, 2008


We are pregnant and so excited. We have been trying for months so it was the best news ever. I am 33 yrs old and this is my 1st baby. The day I found out was so wonderful. My mom and sister had come up for a "girls weekend" to Fredricksburg. Of course my mom said you are getting a test since your late. Mom, I am not pregnant. Well after a fabulous day shopping, I was more tired than my usual self and my mom noticed it. So when we got home I snuck down stairs and took "the test" and I just knew it would be negative. Well, I was so wrong. Those 2 pink lines showed up so fast I took a double take and started shaking. I put the test in my shorts pocket, head up the stairs. My mom and sister said I was so white and looked scared. I showed them the test completely shaking saying " I'm pregnant" in my crying voice. They both leaped over the couch and screamed, crying and hugged me. Oh I forgot to mention my husband was out of town and unreachable for a few hours. I called, called, called with no luck decided to call my granny and dad. Finally, I told Keith about 10:30 that night in the middle of target on the phone. This was the most fabulous day. I couldn't have planned it better myself.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Vicki, I am so glad that I was able to share that very special moment with you! I (we) have waited a long time for this news :) and we are SO excited!!! I can't wait to meet our new itty bitty addition to the family. You are going to be a great mom!!
I love you so much, Mom

Shelly said...

I will NEVER forget that day! I'm so glad I was there to share it with you! I love you!! And I am so excited and happy for you and Keith!