Saturday, July 4, 2009

My little studio...

*Just a little blog about me*

Finally, I have a craft space. For a long time now I have had a desire to learn to sew and make things, which is why I FINALLY bought a sewing machine..SO HAPPY (now I just need to learn how to use it). I have discovered that I LOVE hand stitching and I'm pretty good at it. My BIG GOAL & DREAM is to one day have a little shop...which I already have a name picked out...( & very soon will get my DBA for it)...but until I make the $$$ for the building I need..I will settle for a online store....probably ETSY! I have been creating things and will keep " my items" a surprise until I get them all done. A HUGE THANK YOU to my sister-in-law for giving me the tools to be able do my crafts...she provided me with the shelving unit...and all the scrapbooking stuff! The BEAUTIFUL red cabinet I got from SANDIE, my mother-in-law. I have been truly blessed with a lot of great things. As you can see...I bought my dress form that I wanted... (in previous blog) I had to put cute clothes on it :o). GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME..."he gives us the desires of our heart"...even small ones... " like a good camera"!!

Also, I have a interest in PHOTOGRAPHY...(well for years I have) but recently I was given a AWESOME camera, backdrops, photography books, etc and hopefully will get good @ it...I plan on getting some great shots of Rylee to share with everyone!!

Staying @ home has been a HUGE change for me BUT I love it, hidden talents have emerged and I have a "million" ideas in my head everyday...and its really starting to keep me from sleeping!! I can't wait for my mom to help me with the sewing part, and jewelry is also something I plan on dabbling in to!!

Now let's see where I am going to get " all of this time" to do this with, an ACTIVE little (almost) 7 month old.

Check out my little studio-

PS- I'll keep everyone updated on when I get my ESTY store set-up! :0) Also, I will be doing a market day @ Canyon Lake with my mom & sister (who are amazingly talented) in October.



















2 comments:

Shelly said...

I love it! Everything looks amazing and motivating! haha Can't wait to spend some time with you in your studio :-)

Aunt Ditty said...

Vicki..first of all your blog is absoloutely wonderful & adoreable. I love it! 2nd..your studio is darling & I think that it is great that you are pursuing your dreams & passions. I love to sew & do crafts & make jewelry,& I always wanted a shop also, just never got around to it. I know you will do great! And Rylee is just darling. I really have enjoyed seeing all the photos of her with the family.
Thanks Again...Much Love to you all..Aunt Ditty..:)